Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Looking Ahead: Goals for 2012!

In the spirit of making goals rather than resolutions, I'm hoping to do the following in 2012:

Personally
  • Learn to eat more healthily, and try to cook more.
  • Find reasons to be excited about living in New York City, and come up with several places and events that I can share with people who are new to the city.
  • Learn Spanish at least well enough to communicate on a basic level with my many, many Spanish-speaking neighbors in New York.
  • Make time for a vacation with my three best friends.
  • Go to at least five places I've never been to.
  • Look for the joy in everything, and truly investigate my reasoning for doing the things I do (Why? Because, as Cheryl Klein reminded me that Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who has a why can endure any how."). Along with that, drop activities that I can't justify and stop wasting time on things that don't bring me joy.

Professionally
  • Set time aside each month to set and evaluate realistic goals for my own professional development.
  • Get an even firmer grasp on my new position, and begin volunteering for projects outside of my regular job description that interest me or that will develop my skills.
  • Make networking on a day-to-day basis as much of a priority as I've made it when I've actively been job-searching.

Hold me to them, reader friends!

What are your goals for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. Professional development? Always a good goal. Would you be interested in a guest interview with YA Stands?

    ReplyDelete