Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday Muse: Figuring it Out (with Feminist Teens)



This is today's Tuesday Muse (and every day's inspiration) for a number of reasons:
  1. Teens. They are so smart and inspiring, right?!
  2. I wish that at fifteen I'd had even a fraction of the feminist gusto this girl has. (Actually, I wish that at fifteen I'd even known I wanted to be a feminist; I hung out in the "Sure I believe in equality, but I wouldn't call myself a feminist" camp until college.)
  3. I think this girl is on to something: whenever you acknowledge a problem, be sure to also acknowledge those who work to fix it. That's a good practice for life in general.
  4. It's not true that you must be perfectly consistent in your beliefs. Feminismin fact, everything (and yes, that means writing, too)is not a rule book, but a discussion, a conversation, a process.
  5. Be unapologetically present, and unapologetically you. In your writing, in your reading, and in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment